Wednesday, February 24, 2010

critique of first piece

I do not have an image of my work just yet. I was a little worried going into critique because I had a few hangups with how my final was going to look. I had a lot of practice using the charcoal so I wasn't too worried about if I knew how to use the materials, more of what was going to best portray my style. I ended up discovering that if I started something, took a step back or maybe a break, and then start fresh with what I had just put on the paper, I would get the best result. It kept the piece new and interesting.

I ended up using two pieces as one mad to look like a cave; kind of as a remembrance of a place in my home town and to compare how similar The Devil's Punchbowl is to Fonferek Glen. I really had fun with this project because we were given the artistic freedom a lot of teachers dont allow. Charcoal is a really fun, albeit messy, medium to use.

I will post a picture of my piece when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment